For the second consecutive year, Rado, the design-driven Swiss watch brand, and Madrid Design Festival are delighted to announce the second edition of the Rado Star Prize Spain 2019. Rado is on a quest to find the next generation of Spanish design talent. A shortlist of ten designers will be showcased in February 2019, during Madrid Design Festival. As part of this citywide celebration of design, Rado will announce the winner of the second Spain edition of the Rado Star Prize, which is held internationally to promote the work of young designers.
Rado is on the lookout for the next generation of young designers, inviting them to respond to the theme “Timelessness Materials”, looking for projects that aim the durability of the work, it´s longevity, without forgetting the functionality and design.
We’re looking for avant-garde, innovative pieces that take into account the time from the perspective of the materials used. The projects can be applicable to interior design, industrial or technological.
This edition’s jury is composed by: Hakim El Kadiri, Inma Bermúdez, Ana Domínguez Siemens, Andreu Carulla y Lidewij Edelkoort.
Meet the 8 finalist projects:
- COLLECTIVE BENCH, Marco Calhau Comín, more info
- FOS COLECCIÓN – LAURA BRAVO, Magrana Estudi, more info
- MAPAS de Sonia de Viana, more info
- VAJILLA PETRA de Miguel Gutiérrez, more info
- VICO, Miguel Leiro, more info
- COAXAL THEOREM FOR APOLLONIAN OBJECTS, Javier Martín Pérez, more info
- PROYECTO PIEL, Mireia Arasca Coll, more info
- TX BENCH, Jorge Perez, more info
From January 18 to February 12 will be open the “prize of the public”, chosen among visitors to the exhibition in the RADO Space in the COAM, as well as voting through the website of rado, the online public vote is already lauched.